SEAYLP is an exchange program to advance the strategic goals of fostering civil society and good governance and cultivating a more cohesive Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) community identity by engaging promising young leaders.
- Applications Deadline: December 9, 2018
- Course Level: This is a three weeks Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program.
- Study Subject: The U.S. Mission to Vietnam seeks candidates for the 2019 Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program (SEAYLP).
- Scholarship Award: Participant costs for program administration, international and domestic travel, housing, and food are covered by the U.S. Department of State.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for Vietnamese students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to five scholarships are available for Vietnamese students.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for Vietnamese students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Selection will be based on leadership potential, excellence in academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities, without regard to their field of study, race, religion, or gender. This competition is open to all applicants who meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 15 – 17 years of age and in grades 10-11 as of April 1, 2019;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and potential in their school and/or communities;
- Demonstrate commitment to or interest in civic action and community service;
- Academic excellence;
- Exhibit an appropriate level of maturity, open-mindedness, and sociability within a group;
- Be proficient in English;
- Have permission from parents and schools to participate in the entire program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be proficient in English.
How to Apply: Step 1: Complete application package includes:
- Application form https://bit.ly/2BZCvSz;
- Official transcripts for high school years.
Step 2: Combine these two documents into one PDF file
Step 3: Submit it online through: Eligible candidates from Quang Tri province and to the north are requested to submit their complete application package online at https://bit.ly/2RszvmS, and send any questions to:
Public Affairs Section United States Embassy Southeast Asia Youth Leadership Program 7 Lang Ha Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi Tel: 84-24-3850 5000, ext. 6034 Email: pas.culture-at-gmail.com.
Scholarship link HERE