1. The Open Conference of the Executive Board of Vinh University’s Communist Party Committee in the mid-term of 2015 - 2020 and a successful Conference on "Developing human resources and building Nghe An cultural people to meet the requirements of integration and development" were held at Vinh University.
2. Promulgation of Vinh University's construction and development strategy in the period of 2018-2025, with a vision to 2030; Science and technology development strategy for the period 2018 – 2025.
This is an important basis for the University to develop specific plans to realize the goal of building Vinh University into a national key university. and a member of the ASEAN University Network.
3. Completion of the restructuring of Vinh University, phase 2
In 2018, the University completed the restructuring, phase 2: Establishing the School of Social Science Education and the School of Social Science and Humanities by merging four departments: the Department of Philology Education, Department of History, Department of Geography - Resource Management, Department of Political Education.
4. The General Editor of the overall general education program, editor of subjects on exchange, talked with lecturers of the University and teachers of Nghe An and Ha Tinh provinces.
This activity once again confirms that Vinh University is one of the prestigious teacher and education managers training and fostering centers nationwide.
In addition, the University also invited many scholars, experts and economists to talk, report the current situation, which provided information and moral values for officials, lecturers and students.
5. Vinh University officially became a member of the International CDIO Community. Activities of building and developing training programs based on CDIO approach are invested and promoted
The University invited Prof. Dr. Ho Tan Nhut of California State Northridge University, USA to be a senior expert on developing training programs according to CDIO approach. It has also implemented 76 CDIO projects for the second phase training with 366 modules and 1,141 credits. In March 2018, Vinh University officially became a member of the International CDIO Community.
6. Vinh University co-hosted the National Science and Technology Contest for high school students in the academic year 2017-2018 in the North in Nghe An Province.
From March 10 to March 13, 2018, Vinh University and Nghe An Province collaborated to host the National Science and Technology Contest for high school students for the academic year 2017-2018 for 29 provinces and 4 northern universities. The competition has left many profound imprints with leaders of the Ministry of Education and Training as well as delegates, teachers and students taking the contest.
7. Vinh University was recognized as an associate member of the ASEAN University Network - Quality Assurance (AUN-QA).
8. Successfully organized the Conference "Cooperation in training high quality human resources for Lao PDR during the integration period"
Vinh University continued to expand and improve the quality of human resource training for Lao PDR, creating consensus in the organization, enrollment and training of international students, the University organized the Conference "Cooperation training high quality human resources for Lao PDR during the integration period "in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
9. Start-up activities at Vinh University prospered
After one year of operation of the Center for Research Entrepreneurship Innovation of Vinh University, student start-up activities have prospered. The University has coordinated with other institutions to successfully organize the Conference "Cooperation in building an innovated entrepreneurial ecosystem in the North Central Vietnam". It also participated in competitions organized by People's Committee of Nghe An Province on start-up innovation; successfully hosted Techfest in the North Central region; organized many training courses to build and perfect business models for start-up projects; and organized many activities, forums, and start-up days in the framework of the projects of the Prime Minister's 844 and 1665 Projects.
10. Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of Vinh University was awarded the second Third-class Labor Medal by the President of the SR. of Vietnam.
With outstanding achievements in Youth Union activities and youth movement for many years, many contributions to the Youth Union and Youth movement in Nghe An Province as well as the nationwide student movement, Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union of Vinh University was awarded the Second Third-class Labor Medal by the President of the SR. of Vietnam.